Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

We had a wonderful Christmas! I'm just slow at getting these pictures posted. We spent Christmas Eve as a family playing games, eating delicious food, and acting out the nativity. On Christmas morning we opened presents and later on we went to my parents' house for a delicious breakfast of Swedish pancakes. We were able to go visit Kenny's side of the family later that week and had a lot of fun there too!





Eating cookies at my parents' house on Christmas



Ready to open presents with cousins at Kenny's parents' house



The rest of the pictures were taken around Christmas so I thought I would include them in this post.

Hyrum has really learned how to get around. He is so close to crawling...but
in the meantime he rolls and scoots and lunges to explore the house.



Charity's preschool had a Christmas program and it was
a lot of fun to watch her participate.



We celebrated St. Lucia Day with my parents earlier in
December. It is a Swedish holiday that we celebrated as
I grew up because we have Swedish ancestors and
my dad served a mission in Sweden for our Church.


I always have a hard time seeing the Christmas season end. There is such a special spirit in the air as we commemorate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I guess the key is to try to keep that feeling with us always as we remember our Savior and strive to follow His example. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!


1 comment:

Amber said...

Cute family! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Christmas is so much fun with kids. I tried to send you guys a Christmas card but it came back I must not have your up-to-date address. Please e-mail it to me if you get a minute amberwade at yahoo dot com.